1 Photographer VS 2 Photographers
Which is right for your Houston Texas Wedding?
Everyone is going to have their own take on what services you should hire. In our opinion you should only add a second photographer if you like what the second photographer brings to the table.
Let's start with what the main photographer photographs on your wedding day.
- Brides details, such as her engagement ring, wedding bands, wedding dress, bridal bouquet and veil
- The bride getting ready such as the mother of the bride zipping up her dress, the maid of honor helping the bride-to-be put her earrings on
- Bridal Portraits
- Certain moments of your ceremony, such as the grooms reaction when the bride is walking the isle, your vows, your first kiss and exchanging of rings
- Photos of your bridal party
- Traditional family portraits
- Photos of the bride and groom together
- Reception events such as your grand entrances, first dance, cake cutting ceremony and parent dances
Here is what your second photographer will photograph on your wedding day.
- Groom details such as his tux, cufflinks and any details he may have.
- Groom getting ready photos such as the best man helping the groom put on his jacket, the groom adjusting his cufflinks
- Portraits of the groom alone prior to the ceremony
- When you are walking down the isle the second photographer will get a photo of the bride walking down the isle from behind.
- During your ceremony he is not going to photograph the first kiss, he is going to focus on your friends and families reaction to your first kiss. The mother of the bride crying, the father of the bride clapping as he watches his baby marry the man of her dreams.
- When the main photographer is photographing the bride and her bridesmaids the second photographer will photograph the groom and his groomsmen.
- When your main photographer is photographing your first dance, your second photographer is getting images of your friends and family.
- Your second wedding photographer is there to get the bulk of the candid wedding photos on your wedding day.
So if you like lots of candid wedding photos adding a second photographer might be the right choice for you.