7 Questions you should ask your professional Houston Wedding Photographer
Desert Rose Wedding Photography has photographed 1000's of weddings. We have put together this list of questions you should ask your professional wedding photographer.
These questions are designed to help you choose the right photographer to photograph your big day.
1) How many weddings have you photographed?
This is an important questions to ask because there is a big difference between being an event photographer and being a professional wedding photographer. An event photographers photographs everything from sweet 16's to birthday parties to weddings.
A professional wedding photographer only photographs weddings. We have seen everything, we know how to work with large bridal parties, how to take your traditional family portraits quickly and efficiently and how to get great images in any location.
Desert Rose Wedding Photography has photo photographed 1000's of weddings over our ten year career as professional wedding photographers.
2) How do I receive my wedding Photos?
You always want to make sure you get all of your images high resolution & non-watermarked. The reason for this is because you want to be able to print your pictures on your own.
Desert Rose Wedding Photography aways delivers your images in this way. We will provide you a link to your edited photos that you can download and print at your leisure.
3) Do you edit any of the photos?
Even though we pride ourselves in getting the image right in camera, every image needs some form of edited. You want to make sure you are getting edited images from your professional wedding photographer.
Here is a breakdown of the types of edits we do to each of the images we provide our couples.
- Color Correction
- Noise Reduction
- Split Toning
- Red Eye Removal
4) How many images will you take on my wedding day?
While there are certain wedding day images that are considered standard.
Some of the typical wedding photos we take are:
- Bride getting ready pictures
- Bride detail images, such as engagement rings, wedding bands, wedding dress, bridal bouquet & veil
- First look with the father of the bride
- First look with the bridesmaids
- Ceremony images, such as the first time the groom sees his wife walking down the isle, the vows, first kiss as husband and wife and unity candle ceremony
- Exit shot from church
- Images of the bride an each one of her bridesmaids
- Pictures of the groom and each one of his groomsmen
- Photographs of the the entire bridal party
- Traditional family portraits
- Photos the the bride and groom together on their wedding day
- Reception details, such as your wedding cake, center pieces, card box and dais
- Reception event, such as your grand entrance, first dance of the newlyweds, parent dances and cake cutting ceremony
While these are the standard wedding photos we capture there are many variations, the size of your bridal party, the number of groupings in your family, how much time you give us to take these images all play a large part in how many images we take on any given wedding day.
We usually take anywhere from 1000-3000 photos, after culling through the entire gallery and choosing the best images, we deliver 700-1000 images to our happy couples.
5) What happens if you gets sick the day before our wedding?
When you have as much experience as we do, after a number of years you will realize that sometimes things happen. By knowing this prior to your big day, we can have a plan, just in case.
If you photographer gets sick or injured prior to wedding day, Desert Rose Weddings will provided you an equally skilled professional wedding photographer. We always have a backup on standby just in case.
6) Can you give your photographer a shot list of specific images you would like to take on your wedding day?
Any bride-to-be is going to have a few photos she would like to take on her big day. If you have a specific idea of a style of image or pose you are looking for your photographer needs to know this.
At Desert Rose Wedding Photography we tailor how we photograph your wedding day based off of what you are looking for. Some couples like the light and airy style while others like a more artistic style.
So to answer this question, yes your photographer should be amenable to adjusting their style to give you the images you have always dreamed of.
7) How fast will I receive my images?
Each photographer is going to have their own work flow. Some just want to give you unedited photos and move on to the next wedding. While others want to take their time and edit each image down to the last detail.
At Desert Rose Wedding Photography we will provide you with your full online gallery within 4-6 weeks after your wedding day. All of these images are edited with the above mentioned editing already performed. You want to make sure you receive edited photos that are worthy of a professional photographer. There is no point in getting your images 2 days after your big day that are not worth printing.